– The Kaduna state government on Wednesday, April 5, said it is set to roll out 30-year old infrastructural master plan that will guide land use in the state
– Governor Nasir El-Rufai said plan will be used by his administration and his successor to make Kaduna state a better place for residents
– He said plan will be used by his administration and his successor to make Kaduna state a better place for residents
We hope the master plan will be a guide not only for our administration but for others to improve the use of land in Kaduna.
The Kaduna state government on Wednesday, April 5, said it is set to roll out 30-year old infrastructural master plan that will guide land use in the state.
Speaking in Kaduna at the second Kaduna Economic and Investment Summit (KADInvest 2.0) the state governor Nasir El-Rufai said plan will be used by his administration and his successor to make Kaduna state a better place for residents.
The Kaduna state government on Wednesday, April 5, said it is set to roll out 30-year old infrastructural master plan that will guide land use in the state
READ ALSO: Buhari’s economic plans will bring problem in the future; why it will not work – Emir Sanusi
El-Rufai said: “We hope the master plan will be a guide not only for our administration but for others to improve the use of land in Kaduna.”
The infrastructural master plan will run for 30 years
The governor also said that the key aspects of the plan include taking stock of existing state infrastructure and targets for the period the plan will last.
He said it will also include an infrastructural budget allocations and considerations for socio-economic and politically related issues of the environment, gender employment, universal access and inclusiveness.
El-Rufai also noted that there will sector implementation plan from 2017 to 2019.
There will also be a new Kaduna comprehensive security architecture that will ensure the safety of all residents of Kaduna.
The governor also said that the key aspects of the plan include taking stock of existing state infrastructure and targets for the period the plan will last
“Everyday we receive diplomats, international delegates fly into Kaduna on daily basis and their safety is guaranteed,” the governor said.
This is to show you that Kaduna is not as insecure as the media portray it to be,” he said.
Explaining the essence of the summit, El-Rufai said the KADInvest 2.0 seesk to consolidate on the gains so far made in Kaduna state.
READ ALSO: Exposed! UK authorities bar Senator Andy Uba from entering London over alleged criminality
He said: “Everyone who has dealt with us realizes that our government is business-like focused on results and eager to expand the opportunities four people, to increase the sources of wealth creation, to improve life chances and to secure the revenues to pay for public funds.”
Recall that the governor had also said he was too old to be a governor in Nigeria.
El-Rufai said: “Public service is for young people. I’m too old to be a governor.”
“I should have been a governor when I was 40-something,” said the 57-year-old governor.
“That’s the right age because you are active, you have experience, you can put in long hours. I know how many hours I could put in when I was the minister of FCT, I can’t do that now,” El-Rufai said.
Watch this ZENITHBLOG.com video of Emir of Kano Muhammad Sanusi II on Nigerian leadership:
0naze
No comments:
Post a Comment