Search Our Blog Below

How ex-commissioner stole N6 billion discovered by EFCC in his account – Niger state governor

– Niger state governor reveals that N6 billion found in ex-commissioner accounts was stolen from state fund

– He said the money was siphoned by the suspect through inflated hajj subsidies offered by the state government to pilgrims

– The governor expressed hope that the money would be returned to the state

The governor of Niger state, Abubakar Bello, has announced that the N6 billion discovered in the accounts of ex-commissioner, Kantigi Liman was stolen from the state government account.

The governor made this disclosure to pressmen on Friday afternoon after joining President Muhammadu Buhari to perform the Juma’at prayer, at the Aso Rock Mosque, Premium Times reports.

Recall that ZENITHBLOG.com earlier reported that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is considering declaring a former Commissioner of Local Government in Niger State, Kantigi Liman, wanted after a further N2billion was traced to his United Bank for Africa account by the agency.

EFCC had weeks earlier traced N4billion to two accounts in GTBank, both linked to Mr Liman. The first account belongs to Sadiq Air Travel Agency Limited and the second to Kantigi, the recovery of the remaining two billion was announced on Friday, April 21.

The governor expressed hope that the money would be returned to the state.

The governor expressed hope that the money would be returned to the state.

READ ALSO: See how police batter, handcuff people in Delta state

According to Governor Bello, the money was stolen by the suspect through inflation of hajj subsidies offered by the state government to pilgrims within the periods Liman served as the Chairman of the Niger State Pilgrims’ Agency.

The governor expressed hope that the recovered N6 billion would be transferred to the state’s accounts to enable his

administration embark on developmental projects.

The governor also acknowledged the efforts of the EFCC towards the recovery of the misappropriated ecological funds by the previous administration in the state.

He said: “I’m aware that the EFCC is investigating the ecological funds. At the inception of this administration we realised that the ecological funds disappeared.

“I did not have any evidence that it was utilised to address any ecological issues and we are faced with major ecological problems especially in Mokwa, Agaie, Bida, part of Minna, Rafin Gora and Mariga.

“We are doing our best to address the ecological problems. We need funds and unfortunately the N2 billion that was given to the state was not judiciously used to address the ecological challenges.

READ ALSO: This is how to check if your National ID card ready for pick up

“If it had been used properly maybe our burden might have been reduced by now, but we are having sleepless nights over ecological issues and we are still approaching the Federal Government to assist us.”

Meanwhile, the sums of $19,000 (N5.8 million), 4,000 Saudi riyals (N326,000) and N18 million has been found in the home of Senator Danjuma Goje.

A police source discloses that a thorough search was carried out at the residence of the senator on Thursday, April 20.

Unconfirmed reports have it that officers broke down the doors and all the boxes found in the house of Senator Goje.

‘);
});
}(window, document);

0naze

Share:

Related Posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive