Search Our Blog Below

MY STORY OF ADDICTION EPISODE 71

mystory5

I slowly walked to the gate with my heart beating very fast. My brain started multitasking. It’s been long that my brain is being put under such task; not even when I’m writing my SSCE …did it.
I got to the gate. I gently peeped at its side and it’s was Ruka quite alright. I was dead standing at the gate. She looked at her phone and she dialled a number. It’s obvious that she was trying to connect a call to me. I allowed my phone to ring and I pretended that I was just rushing from upstairs.
I opened the gate reluctantly; forcing a smile not to show my fear.

Me: (smiling) hello love… I’m sorry for keeping you waiting….
Ruka: (smiling) it’s okay… I’m fine…. it’s just that I don’t like staying outside your gate for too long.
Me: it’s okay… I’m sorry…. how was your night?
Ruka: very fine… and yours?
Me: cool… what about your friend… Fatimo? it’s been long you said something about her
Ruka: she is doing fine. She came around yesterday. Are you going to stand me here and ask me all your questions or you allow me enter?.
Me: (smiling) my bad… let’s go inside.

We walked in quietly without uttering a word to each other. I’m used to being afraid but this stance is different from the fear I have for my father. We entered the living room and Bidemi’s eyes were fixed on us. I looked back at Ruka; she seems surprised to meet someone in the living room. I prayed silently while I forced words out of my mouth.

Me: (smiling) I’m sorry for keeping you waiting Bidemi… Ruka meet Bidemi my childhood friend… Bidemi.. Ruka.. my neighbour
Bidemi: (smiling) nice to meet you.
Ruka: (smiling) same here. Femi never mentioned you to me before.
Bidemi: maybe you guys dint discuss anything that got anything to do with me. So tell me; are you guys going out now?
Me: (coughing)…. Bidemi, hanhan.. she just got here.
Ruka: (smiling)…. it’s alright Femi… He’s my neighbour like he rightly said. (staring at me) but I wouldn’t mind going out with him; if he asks me out.
Bidemi: (mood swing) really…. so you don’t think that someone like Femi would have someone that he’s dating?
Ruka: (smiling) even if he has; I will gladly take my chances… I will….
Me: (voice serious)… that’s enough girls ….

I rudely ended the conversation before it gets out of control. I went to the fridge, packed 3 canned malt and I served us. We all kept drinking down without saying a word. I kept staring into both of their eyes simultaneously; hoping to read their thoughts.
It’s now 10:20am. I left them to the kitchen to dish out my indome. I dished it into three plates. I was about bringing the food to dinning when Bidemi entered the kitchen.

Me: (scared and smiling) I’m about joining you guys now.
Bidemi: (looking serious) who is she to you?
Me: she’s a friend. What is it?
Bidemi: a friend, that has been raising her eyebrow since you left. A friend that has been hissing every time I looked at her. Who’s she Femi?
Me: (confused) what do you want me to tell you? She’s my neighbour and a friend.
Bidemi: just go and warn her. If she dares hiss at me or roll her eyes at me again; I will surprise both of you.
Femi: Bidemi, I don’t want any trouble ooo. Just let her be. I beg you. I don’t want trouble.

I never believed what Bidemi said, even if Ruka actually did those things… I believed that she instigated her to.

May God help me out.

To Be Continued…

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive