Search Our Blog Below

MY STORY OF ADDICTION EPISODE 70

mysto

got to my room and I devoured the remaining beans and plantain.
It’s now 10pm in the night. I’m very tired and I could just not stop thinking about the whole issue.
I don’t know when I slept off. I woke up around 2am in the morning…. Only to see a message on my phone. It’s from Adedoyin. She wants to meet me at Rooftop hotel tomorrow at 5pm.
It’s now very clear that this women are out to kill me. I connected a call to Sarah… hoping that she would pick, to inform her about her friends proposal.
She picks but with a sleepy voice.
I told her about the message and she told me what I wanted to hear. She said that I should look for a way decline her proposal. We ended the call with kisses at the end of the phone. I slept off almost immediately she hangs up.

I woke up some minutes to 9am. I rushed to the bathroom for my early morning duties. Rushed to kitchen…I prepared Indomie for 2 people. I’m now set. I connected a call to Ruka and she picked.

Ruka: hello dear mi
Me: hello love… how was your night?
Ruka: good… urs?
Me: we thank God…. are you still coming over?
Ruka: yes… what should I cook for you?
Me: (Smiling) I already cooked indomie… I’m expecting you to come so that we can eat together

she was very happy that I cooked. She told me that she would be with me in about 20mins time. I rushed to my room. I added more books to the ones already on the table. I want to look like a serious student.
I’m still looking for what to add or remove in my room when I heard the gate bell. I rushed to the gate to meet my date.

I opened the door without asking who was it? … I opened it…Only to have my first shock of the day. It’s Bidemi Adeboye. I was shocked that I couldn’t even reply her greeting.
I just kept looking at her and my mind just kept thinking about my nightmare.

I opened the gate for her and we entered. We went straight to the living room. Ruka would soon be here. Any bells that rings now will surely be Ruka’s.
I started sweating, even under the coolness of the AC. I started rehearsing how I’m going to introduce both of them.

I don’t know how Ruka might take the whole issue about me introducing her as a friend to Bidemi….. but I know how Bidemi (childhood friend) would react. I kept praying silently that things should just go normal between all of us. She (Bidemi) broke the silence code.

Bidemi: what about Chidinma?
Me: she’s not coming today… she went to check her result in school.
Bidemi: Okay… that means you are free today.

I just nodded my head affirmatively to what she said. She just kept talking and I responded with.. “yes, no and I understand”.
With the way she’s talking… I don’t think she’s leaving anytime soon. I relaxed myself… braced for the worst.

Bidemi was busy enjoying herself and laughing her heart out on her own jokes. Who would blame her?

I was lost in thought but the sound of the gate bell brought me back to reality. I excused myself from Bidemi and I slowly walked out of the living room, straight down to the gate.

To Be Continued…

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive