Search Our Blog Below

BREAKING: Saraki addresses rumour of persecution surrounding him, says he is open to criticisms

– Senate President, Bukola Saraki has debunked a rumour about him recently

– Saraki stated that he is unfazed by criticisms

– He said he learns from constructive criticism and it inspires him to continue working for the good of Nigeria

Senate President, Bukola Saraki has debunked certain media reports that a civil servant was sacked for criticizing him.

In a statement posted on his social media pages today, Friday, July 28, the Senate President said the reports are untrue.

He also said he is unfazed by criticisms, stressing that he learns from constructive criticisms.

I learn from constructive criticisms - Saraki

Senate President Saraki says he is unfazed by criticisms. Photo credit: Saraki’s media team

PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app

He wrote: “My attention has just been drawn to an entirely untrue story about a civil servant being sacked for criticizing me.

“As a public servant who has subjected myself in the service of my country, I face criticism everyday from many quarters.

“Criticism does not deter me from serving my country. I learn from constructive criticism. It inspires me to continue working.

“My colleagues and i will continue to always work to pass a legislative agenda that will make life better for all Nigerians.

“I use social media, so I am a firm believer in freedom of speech and using social media to air out ones views. This will never change.

“As governor, senator and now as Senate President, I have never attempted to stifle anyone’s freedom to speak his or her mind. This will not change.”

Some media reports had suggested that one Biodun Baba, a Kwara state civil servant was charged before a court in Ilorin for criticizing Saraki on Facebook.

He was said to have been sacked by the Kwara state’s civil service commission after he used a derogatory remark to describe the Senate President. The case against him has since been withdrawn.

READ ALSO: Senate votes for independent candidacy, change of police name

Watch the ZENITHBLOG.com TV video report on how Nigerian youths protest made the National Assembly pass the ‘Not Too Young To Run’ bill.

0naze

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive