Search Our Blog Below

IG of police trying to plant Ak-47, Machine gun, 2 million dollars in my Abuja house – Wike

– Governor Wike raised alarm over alleged plot to implicate him by the Nigerian police

– Wike said the Inspector General of Police is planning to plant weapons and large cash in his house in Abuja

– He said a warrant has been dubiously acquired by the police and the search will be on Tuesday

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers has alleged that there is a plot by the police to kill him or implicate him by planting weapons in his house in Abuja.

Wike alleged that the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, wants to raid his house in Abuja and plant large amount of dollars, guns and weapons in a bid to incriminate him.

ZENITHBLOG.com gathered that the made this allegation when he briefed the media in Government House, Port Harcourt yesterday.

Wike alleged that the IG approved the raid of his house yesterday (Friday) and that the raid will take place on Tuesday, since there would be a public holiday on Monday.

The governor, according to a report by New Telegraph, vowed to be in Abuja to await the raid, which he said is a way to plot dangerous weapons in his house and ruin his reputation.

He said: “First of all, I don’t stay in the lodge; I have never stayed in the lodge since I became governor. I live in my private house in Abuja, in Asokoro. Now, what they have done in that order they want to get from the court is that in the order they wanted to get from the court, they did not indicate who owns the house or who is living in the house.

Wike alleged that there is a plot to kill him or implicate him by planting weapons in his house in Abuja.

Wike alleged that there is a plot to kill him or implicate him by planting weapons in his house in Abuja.

READ ALSO: Police parade 6 people arrested over assassination attempt on Senator Dino Melaye

“Obviously, the court will be wary of searching a governor’s house because of immunity. But to beat that they did not indicate that it is the Governor of Rivers State’s house. I am not afraid. If you want to search my house, I live in Port Harcourt, I have my house in the village and I have my house in Old GRA. So, you can come and search.

“I don’t live in Abuja and I cannot keep anything in Abuja. They can go and plant either AK-47 or $1 million and say they found it in the governor’s house. They can even put wrist watches that are so expensive that cost up to $10 million and say oh!

“We discovered it from the governor’s private residence. And I said I have to let Nigerians know that this is not the way to go about in democracy, rather this is an attempt to truncate democracy.

“You cannot gag everybody; people must have their opinions on issues. That I have my opinion on a certain issue does not mean that you have to after the person’s life.

READ ALSO: Nigeria needs a healthy president – Group tells Buhari

“As I speak to you, the approval (to raid my house in Abuja) was made yesterday (Friday). They would have gone to court on Monday, but for the public holiday. They will go to court on Tuesday to seek an order.

“I am not afraid, but I just want to let Nigerians know. They went to Senator Goje’s house the other night when the man was not around. We are aware that they said they got from the office or house of Suswam, AK-47 and this and that; the man was not there.

“Now again, all these things are plots to say we’ve got guns. If I have a gun, why would I keep it in Abuja? It is here (Rivers State) that I am waiting for them for fight; I don’t need to go and keep gun in Abuja. I will not fight there (Abuja), it is here (Rivers). We are fighting because I have said that they will not rig elections. So, if I want to keep a gun, I will keep it in Abuja, I will only keep it in Port Harcourt, assuming.

“So, Nigerians should be aware that if they go to my house and tell you that they found anything, please, it is not correct. But I will be there in Abuja; I will wait for them. I will go to Abuja and wait for them. I will wait for his (IGP) crack team that will come to break the house and enter so that they can bring the Ak-47, the machine guns and $1 million or $2 million as the case may be.”

‘);
});
}(window, document);

0naze

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive